My wife was diagnosed at 21 weeks as having identical twin boys who also have TTTS. We were eventually sent to the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. After multiple ultrasounds, they suggested a procedure to remove the amniotic fluid because it was placing pressure on her cervix, which was beginning to open. After one litre of amniotic fluid was removed, we were sent to a nearby hotel for Saturday and Sunday with scheduled laser surgery for Monday morning. After arriving at CHOPS on Monday, another ultrasound was performed that showed that the cervix was opened more than before and that the membrains were separated from the placenta. We were also told that my wife was already 1 cm dialated. They told us that we needed to make it at least four more weeks without my wife going into labor for the twins to have a chance to survive. If labor happened prior to then they would die. After this we were told they could not do anything more for us and we were discharged and sent home. We are hoping that there is more that can be done to save our two boys. Our situation may be different than many others since we have issues with the cervix and membrains. Right now we feel like it is more than likely that they will die before the four weeks is up, if not due to labor then because of the TTTS. Is there any hope that they will be born? Is there any hope that they will be ok? We have so many questions and no real answers, and we cannot wait until our next doctor's appointment. I am also concerned about the possibilities that I may lose my wife due to complications that could occur. How possible is that? Any information would be appreciated.